Deadline: September 15, 2016
The Film4Climate Global Video Competition invites filmmakers between the ages of 14-35 years old from all over the world to showcase their talents and create a Public Service Advertisement (PSA) (less than 1 min) or a Short Film (1-5 minutes) about climate action.
The videos should show a personal climate change narrative:
- What does climate change mean to you?
- What are you doing to solve the climate challenge?
- What is your climate message to the world?
In addition, the submissions should emphasize what people around the world are doing to promote action, offer new solutions, and inspire change. Climate Action is the 13th goal under the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), though it is widely acknowledge interlink with the other SDGs. In the description of the video please explain how the climate message connects with the other SDGs.
- Individuals and teams (a maximum limit of five members for any team. Individuals and teams are limited to one entry each;
- Participants submitting films to the competition must be between 14 to 35 years old;
- Participants who are considered minors under their national laws must include their parent/legal guardian consent form with their video submissions or their video entry will be immediately disqualified.
- Winning entries will receive special recognition at all relevant Connect4Climate events, and be prominently featured and promoted through the social media channels of Connect4Climate and Partners.
- First-prize winners of the 14-17 age group will receive video equipment and software for each category, Public Service Advertisement or Short Film;
- First, Second and Thirds Prize winners of the 18-35 age group will receive cash prizes in two categories (Public Service Advertisement and Short Film): 1st Prize USD 8,000 / 2nd Prize USD 5,000 / 3rd Prize USD 2,000;
- All participants may receive special recognition at film festival and will be celebrated at the awards ceremony at COP22.
You need to upload your video online HERE.